Family Club Bulletin #48: 2010 Spring Issue
Sakurai Sho: 100 Questions & 100 Answers
- Full name: Sakurai Sho
- Occupation: Arashi
- Date of birth: 25 January, Showa 57 (1982)
- Height as of November 2009: 171cm (5.6ft)
- Weight as of November 2009: 56kg (123.4lb)
- Eyesight as of November 2009: 1.5 in both eyes.
- Handedness as of November 2009: Right-handed. Left-footed.
- An ability you think it’d be good to have as of November 2009: The ability to speak all the languages in the world.
- Please tell us your blood type with an adjective: A useless A-type.
- Your birthplace and one thing you'd boast about that place: Tokyo. It’s unexpectedly full of green.
- Please tell us three skills: Running. Slipping. Falling spectacularly.
- Please tell us two strong points of your personality: I’m easy to be with. I’ll laugh at almost anything.1
- Please tell us one weak point of your personality: I’m too easy to be with.
- What is the charm point of your outward appearance? My life-line is abnormally long.
- An unconscious habit? I touch my nose.
- An unconsciously used phrase? I’m starving.2
- Something you can’t calm down without? A watch
- What colour is your cell phone? Navy
- Your ideal time to get out of bed? 9:00 a.m.
- Your ideal time to go to sleep? 2:00 a.m.
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Drink water.
- What do you do before sleeping at night? Turn on the humidifier.
- On a scale from 1 to 5, your ability to wake up is? 3. Occasionally, 1.
- What’s your ideal way to spend a day off? Take a trip.
- Average bath time? 30 mins
- In my room, here is comfortable!:How it’s organized chaos.
- Please tell us your ideal breakfast: Bread, eggs, milk.
- Do you have a specialty dish that you cook? Searching.
- What moment you are most likely to laze around in a day? The moment I get into bed.
- If you have something you’re obsessed with, please tell us: Choosing food at the grocery store.
- A treat that perks you up? Meat. It’s got to be meat.
- Food that brings you down? Coriander
- What’ s a delicious food you've discovered as an adult? Onions
- What (clothing) style have you recently gotten into? Anything other than double hoodies.
- Do you have a fashion item you buy unconsciously? Baseball caps.
- What makes you think, “Wow, my stress is gone~”? When I’m drinking sake with friends.
- What's the thing you are weakest at in the whole world? Being idle
- Please tell us your special skill: Jump rope charades.
- What’s your small daily happiness? Drinking coffee first thing in the morning.
- Something you keep in mind in your job: Not saying “It’s tough, it’s hard.” I don’t even think it.
- Something you’d like to try in your job: As of April 2010, there’s nothing.
- The greatest joy in your job: I feel happy when I’ve coloured someone’s life.
- Something you think is tough in your job: Nothing in particular.
- Something you think you’ve grown in: Studying righteousness daily.
- A skill you’d like to develop in your job: The explosiveness of my words.
- What’s your field of expertise? Japanese3
- What’s your area of weakness? Math
- What is work to you? My purpose in life
- What is Arashi to you? A precious treasure that has grown up with so many people.
- I like this about Arashi!: Doing unserious things in a deadly serious way.
- Sum up the charm of Aiba Masaki in one word: Innocence
- Sum up the charm of Matsumoto Jun in one word: Serious
- Sum up the charm of Ninomiya Kazunari in one word: Flexible
- Sum up the charm of Ohno Satoshi in one word: Talented
- Sum up the charm of Sakurai Sho in one word: Doesn’t know the meaning of ‘moderation’
- Actually, this part of Arashi is weak!: The top of the list here is we’re weak in competitions. (ex. the scrubber incident on Tokyo Friend Park II)
- When do you think, “I’m glad to be in Arashi”? When the 5 of us are together, talking about nothing and laughing like idiots.
- Until now, what kind of Arashi has it been? A harmonious Arashi.
- From now on, what kind of Arashi are you aiming for? A healthy Arashi.
- Something that’s made you happy recently: Being allowed to sit in the actual seats to watch the Vancouver Olympics opening ceremony.
- Something that was fun recently: Going drinking with the “Tokujo Kabachi!!” team.
- Something that was upsetting recently: Not being able to do a double catch in Falling Pipes.
- Something that’s been on your mind lately: There are many things about myself that come to mind.
- Something you’re wondering about now: Next week’s schedule.
- Do you have a jinx? Not in particular.
- What’s your favourite word? Thanks.
- Please tell us your favourite motto: Yes, we can.4
- What’s your creed: Walk with your head up.
- What’s the source of your smile? The smiles of people around me.
- What has someone said to you that made you happy? You really are stupid.
- When have you thought, “This person is really great~”? When I feel their selfless kindness.
- There is this kind of privilege for being my friend!: You’ll be quite taken care of.
- There is this kind of privilege for being my girlfriend!: You’ll be unexpectedly taken care of.5
- What’s your ideal male image? In between cool and passionate.
- What’s your ideal female image? Gentle and a little stupid.
- Please tell us one of your specialty date plans: Rather, you tell me, please.
- Something you want to try and give as a present to the person you like: That would be something that fits that person... That’s human.
- Words you’d like to try saying: I want to be close to you.
- A place you’d like to go once: The Pyramids.
- Something you’d like to try once: A trip around the world.
- One day, you suddenly turn into Aiba-kun! What do you want to try? Making someone smile.
- One day, you suddenly turn into Matsumoto-kun! What do you want to try? Being direct with someone.
- One day, you suddenly turn into Ninomiya-kun! What do you want to try? Feeling up someone.
- One day, you suddenly turn into Ohno-kun! What do you want to try? Sharing feelings with someone.
- What Arashi song exactly fits your mood right now? “Troublemaker”
- What Arashi single has left a deep impression? “a Day in Our Life”
- What Arashi album has left a deep impression? “HERE WE GO!”
- What Arashi concert tour has left a deep impression? “ARASHI Anniversary Tour 5x10”
- If there were 5 hours added to a day, what would you do? Study.
- If you weren’t in Arashi, what kind of job would you have settled into? I ended up not thinking about it.
- Please tell us your biggest past crisis: Right now, at this moment. This is extremely difficult, this questionnaire.
- Please tell us how you get out of a pinch: Try to face it.
- Please tell us one of the Seven Wonders of Sakurai Sho: My thumbs are abnormally straight.
- Please tell us one of the Seven Wonders of Arashi: The seating order in the green room got decided somehow and now it’s stuck.
- What’s the most necessary thing in your life? Failure and reflection.
- Please tell us the knack for enjoying life: Trying to achieve shattered resolutions.
- What’s the treasure only for you? Experience
- When do you think, “This is the greatest happiness!”? During concerts, when the audience and the members of Arashi are overflowing with smiles.
- If you were to give a title to this life, what would it be? “Let’s do it.”6
- What’s your greatest ambition in life? To raise up a storm.
1 Literally translated: My boiling point for laughter is low.
3 「国語」 This “Japanese” is more like Japanese literature. Similar to the English we learn as native English speakers.
4 Written in English; Obama’s catch phrase from his election campaign. Tons of Japanese people (kids especially) know this phrase… for some reason.
5 He says 「世話焼き」 which translates to “bothersome person” but it connotes that it’s because they’re too mothering and worrying about you. Sounds right to me.
Nino's 100Q / Aiba's 100Q / Matsujun's 100Q / Ohno's 100Q
+ I've turned off emailing of comments, so my inbox doesn't get spammed.
++ If you want to translate this into another language, you don't have to ask. Just credit properly and send me a PM with the link when you're done.